As we all know, the pandemic has caused supply chain disruptions in many industries. The trade show industry is not exempt. Many distributors and manufacturers have had to increase turn-around times and push delivery dates due to products being out of stock or delayed. Be sure to leave extra cushion in your schedule to be prepared if the display you want is unavailable.
Consider Local, Smaller Shows
Many companies (and attendees) may be hesitant to dive back into exhibiting and attending larger shows. A popular solution is to exhibit at local, smaller shows. Post-pandemic many companies have jumped on this trend. Avoiding air travel, hotel stays is very appealing to many. Smaller displays are also less likely to be impacted by supply chain challenges. Check out our 10×10 Foot Displays Section.
Visual Trend: LED Backlit Displays
LED backlit displays are a top trend in 2022. These eye-catching displays capture the attention of attendees and cut through the clutter of a busy show floor. Let us know what type of backlit display you’re most interested in, and we can customize it to meet your needs. If you’re unsure of what would work best for your brand, contact one of our customer service representatives. In the meantime, check out our selection of Backlit Displays.
Some Final Tips To Consider:
- Your display, of course! Your first step is to ensure that you have a working and attractive display. Missing pieces can spell doom for your trade show setup. Need something fresh? Head over to APG Exhibits to browse the selection of top-notch trade show exhibits.
- Giveaways. Are you planning to bring along anything to giveaway to potential clients? Do you need to print extra pamphlets? Are you bringing a product to sell or giveaway? We can help with this as well!
- Shipping/transportation. This is an often overlooked facet of trade shows. How are you, and your display, getting to the show? Have you calculated the shipping costs if you are shipping your display/products to the exhibit hall?
- Get the word out ahead of time! Post to your social networks, send emails, and make phone calls to let people know you are going to be at the show. This can be immensely helpful when people know to look for you and where to find you! Be sure to advertise yourself before the show starts and it’s too late.
- Have a strategy to capture leads while at the show. Capturing leads is one of the main purposes of attending a trade show event. Therefore, develop strategies for generating leads during your show. One of the simplest and most effective ways to capture leads is to have a sign-up list or giveaway drawing during the event. Bring along a couple tablets or invest in a media kiosk/tablet stand to really establish a polished look. During the show, have customers fill out a form to enter to win a prize, or just offer to sign them up for your newsletter.
This is one item that so often gets forgotten in the hustle and bustle of attending a trade show. Of course, your main purpose for being there is to spread awareness of your brand and thus increase revenue. However, this doesn’t mean you have to be all business. It’s important that you keep your show light and fun. This will translate into a more relaxed atmosphere for both you and your potential clients. It’s normal to be nervous or intimidated about the prospect of putting yourself on display for a trade show event. Keep a smile on your face and the tension will melt away!
How do you have fun and stand out at your trade shows? We’d love to hear from you! Please leave comments below. Have a question? Head over to APG Exhibits to chat with one of our knowledgeable trade show experts.