What to Pack For a Flawless Day at the Trade Show
When running a trade show booth you never know what could go wrong while networking and marketing for your business. That’s why it pays to be extra prepared.
Good news! We at APG Exhibits have plenty of experience in making a trade show a success. To make it easy for you, we’ve made a list of what to pack for a flawless day of showing off your trade!
Trade Show Day Essentials:
- Stain remover pen
- Mini hammer and screwdriver sets
- Sewing kit
- Pain killers and any other basic emergency medications, such as medicine for allergies and for stomach discomfort in case the food court gives you a bad surprise… You never know.
- Hair spray
- Extra hair ties (for those with long hair that gets in the way)
- Extra set of clothes— From irreparable spills to rips, it doesn’t hurt to have back up.
- Make up— To touch-up throughout the long work day (for those who this applies to)
- Comfortable shoes— You’ll be standing on your feet for hours so don’t let fashion trump comfort. It’s not worth it. If you can accomplish finding a shoe with fashion and comfort in one, bravo!
- Dressy sweater/cover up— The temperature of the large conference rooms trade shows are generally held in will greatly vary throughout the day. Layering your clothes is always a good idea to keep comfortable start to finish (APG offers matching customized company apparel for this reason).
- Plenty of water— It’s going to be long day so it’s important to keep hydrated.
- Snacks that don’t give bad breath— To keep you and your team fueled and happy without scaring away your clients
- Mints— A good back-up refresher to keep your team on their A game.
- Tablecloths— These make tables look clean and professional, especially if they match your booth color. They are also perfect to cover up any boxes you have from hauling in/storing your equipment.
- Business Brochures— An effective way to fill in the blanks with information about your company and what it has to offer. You and your team may not have had the opportunity to cover everything in person with so much to say and so little time with each person (check out our brochure racks)
- Business cards— A must for your potential new business clients to have a way to contact you
- Display products— Great way to give legitimacy of your product quality and ability to your booth visitors
- Trade show giveaways— Perfect for prizes when paired with an interactive game for attracting booth traffic and energy, booth giveaways are always a good idea to help imprint a positive memory of your business on the potential new clients
- Your trade show display of course!
- A prepped and peppy crew— Make sure to brief your team on all they need to know about the company and its products so that they can relay the information to booth visitors and successfully turn them into customers. Also have a well rested, friendly and energetic crew of booth staff to well represent your company and attract/keep the attention of the trade show attendees.
- Treats & coffee– an optional nice touch for the booth visitors to be lured in by. Visitors may be impressed with your hospitality, not to mention once they take the free treats they will usually feel an obligation to stick around and hear what your booth is all about and what your staff has to say. It’s a win-win!
For more advice on how to prepare for a successful day at the trade show, check-out our other tip blogs: APG Tradeshow Displays Blogs.
I am glad you shared this list of essential things that needs to be prepared when heading for a trade show booth. But I guess you need to extra pens too. Pens are really very important during trade shows.